Crabmeat Stuffed Tilapia – as adapted from food.com
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Servings: 2-4
- 1 small onion
- 1 celery ribs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, unseasoned (I used Panko)
- 8 ounces white crab meat, Phillips Pasteurized Crab meat
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets, approximately 6 oz each
- 2 tablespoons butter, Melted
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Chop the onion and celery into fine pieces.
3. Flake the crabmeat and check for pieces of shells.
4. Sauté onion and celery in butter until tender.
5. Add parsley and remove from heat.
6. Stir in the bread crumbs, crab meat, lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
7. Spray casserole or oven pan with cooking spray.
8. Spread the mixture over one of the tilapia fillets. Then place another fillet on top – like a tilapia sandwich. Place any leftover stuffing around fillets.
9. Sprinkle with melted butter and paprika.
10. Place in a 400°F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until the tilapia flakes easily with a fork.